World Interfaith Harmony Week is officially recognised by the United Nations and this year ran from 1 – 7 February.
To mark UN World Interfaith Harmony Week 2017, on 1 February 2017 CMF President Lord Sheikh hosted an event in Committee Room 4A, in the House of Lords: “Spreading Religious Harmony.”
It was organised by CMF Executive member Ajantha Tennakoon and very well attended.
The audience comprised specially invited guests from different walks of life and from different faith forums.
Below is a group photograph of the speakers . From left to right:
- Ash Zaman -CMF Deputy Chair (He gave the Vote of Thanks)
- Ven. Ajahn Amaro – Head of the Amaravati Buddhist Monastery, Hemel Hempstead
- Dr. Nirav Amin- Volunteer at the BAPS Swaminarayan Mandir, Neasden
- Ajantha Tennakoon- CMF Executive member (Master of Ceremonies)
- Lord Sheikh- Baron Sheikh of Cornhill in the City of London
- Dr. Harvey Belovski – Rabbi of Golders Green Synagogue
- Mandeep Kaur- Sikh Chaplain to British Armed Forces
- Father Alan Green – Rector of St. John on Bethnal Green, Tower Hamlets