National media coverage is obviously devoted to major political stories at Westminster. However political parties need grass roots presence to recruit members and supporters. Local events are also essential for keeping teams cohesive and motivated.
On Sunday 8 July 2018, CMF Executive Secretary Shaheen Thantrey did her bit for the local Conservative Party by hosting the Chipping Barnet Conservatives Brunswick Park Summer Party at her home.
In the photograph below from left to right are:
- Andreas Tambourides, Barnet Councillor 1998-2014
- Lord Sheikh, President of the CMF
- Theresa Villiers, MP for Chipping Barnet
- Mike Freer, MP for Finchley and Golders Green
- Cllr Lisa Rutter, Brunswick Park Ward, Barnet Council
- Cllr Roberto Weeden-Sanz, Brunswick Park Ward, Barnet Council
- Cllr Maria Alexandrou, Winchmore Hill Ward, Enfield Council
- Nikos Savvides, seated with guitar
The photograph below shows some of the other people who attended including host Shaheen Thantrey seated to Lord Sheikh’s left, CMF Executive Member Lady Sheikh on her left, and CMF Executive Member Ajantha Tennakoon standing behind Lady Sheikh.
Both photographs are reproduced courtesy of the photographer Doros Partasides whose website is www.dorospartasides.com